Thursday 26 April 2007

Walls

Walls create and arise from attachment
built around ourselves until we believe we cannot be free.
They come in stages. one broken down only to reveal another built around it
When will we be free?
Strength comes from the understanding that this will come. An ancient understanding drawn from the depths of our evolution. We Search.
Seek to know more.
Be humbled by the knowledge that we are existing as we always have been and always shall be. We are.
This knowledge cannot be contained, it has no barriers. Through an understanding that we know nothing we cannot build walls, we can only exist. we are not living in time or place only in moments, each moment setting free as soon as it exists and being replaced by the next.
Sometimes my walls appear unexpectedly.
Moments of freedom suddenly being boxed in,
bound,
entrapped,
dragged down, unrelenting and forced by fear and worry.
A continuous cycle of joy only to be thrown back into negativity, confinement.
My walls come from thinking
Actions carried out as opposed to freely flowing with life.

I'm sitting in a place where there are no walls, no confines, a great expanse of nature, rolling and flowing with perfect harmony. Yet i have been amongst this with doubt.
Gone inside my head.
i've missed so much beauty by looking inwards, focusing on my fears and worries instead of simply being.
3 Days of inner turmoil and confusion, when i have been travelling through and existing in places where these hold no importance.
Let go.
I have let go.
A freezing dip into an icy pool released my minds grip over my body and i connected back with the earth, felt the sun warm my frozen skin and was released.

Through thinking about my walls and prisons i have created one.
Through looking for freedom i built a fence around myself.

I now sit beside a river, continually moving in its jolly babble. my thoughts flow with the current, uncontained and free.
i can feel my toes, growing colder as the sun dips behind a cloud, the solid rock beneath them existing as it always has done.
I am humbled.
I am free.

No comments: